VI Repository
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VI Repository

This is a UK based discusson group concerning the education of visually impaired students/persons. The forum aims to provide an opportunity for all employed, associated & interested in this field to share experiences, techniques & resources

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A difficult problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tomatnhs

A difficult problem Empty
PostSubject: A difficult problem   A difficult problem EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so don't quite know where to post this.  

My name is Tom. I am a technical support volunteer trying to help a blind lady who up to now has been pretty good on her Windows 7 laptop using screen speaking software marketed by a company called Serotek. The product is called System Access and it works very well for her - she controlled the laptop and the software using keyboard controls. She has recently developed a serious problem with the nerve endings in her fingers and can no longer feel anything with them. The result is that she can no longer use a keyboard. Indeed, she has some difficulty even turning the laptop on. Does anyone else know anyone who has had and solved this kind of problem? I know it's a pretty tall order. I've looked at Dragon software but this won't allow her to control the computer, it only provides for voice control in the context of specific applications. SIRI and VoiceOver on an iPAD or iPhone is another possibility but it's an expensive outlay for her (she hasn't much money) if it doesn't work, and System Access, which she is used to, will only run on Windows.

thanks in advance for any help on this.
Back to top Go down

A difficult problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VI Repository :: LEISURE LOUNGE :: Introductions-
Jump to: