VI Repository
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VI Repository

This is a UK based discusson group concerning the education of visually impaired students/persons. The forum aims to provide an opportunity for all employed, associated & interested in this field to share experiences, techniques & resources

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chinese do it cheaper, full-screen magnification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chinese do it cheaper, full-screen magnification Empty
PostSubject: Chinese do it cheaper, full-screen magnification   Chinese do it cheaper, full-screen magnification EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am

Just the other day BenedictTechnician and I were having a discussion regarding screen magnification. As you're aware there are numerous attempts out there that claim to 'magnify the screen' but none of them particularly offer the features similar to those found in the popular title; ZoomText.

'ZT' is an excellent product, it's an application that I've seen change over the years (for the better) and have used personally. When asked "what is the best screen magnification software" without hesitation I say 'ZT'. Unfortunately, as with most adaptive software and hardware the downside is the cost.

Looking for alternatives to ZT are few and far between. There are other popular titles such as SupaNova, but again the price stands in the way. Freeware that offers the similar features as ZT or SN are pretty much non existent. Until now.

Yesterday, (13/10/10) I happened to discover a company called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. This appears to be a Chinese company that offers a 'full-screen magnifier' experience. Some of the features are as follows:

• Magnifying all images on the screen, including the semi-transparent window.
  • A high-performanced implementation taking full advantages of the acceleration apability of graphic chips.
  • Optional highlight prompt for mouse cursor.
  • Optional highlight prompt for caret in text editors.
  • Optional highlight prompt for focused objects.
  • Alternatively switch between the full-screen mode and the magnifying glass windowed mode.
  • Dual screen support!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is no speech output, but a very good screen magnifier, the cost? A single-user license is $69 (US), £42.99! That has to be the bargain of the year!!

Visit the homepage by clicking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
https://vi-repository.forumotion.com

Chinese do it cheaper, full-screen magnification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VI Repository :: SOFTWARE :: Screen Readers, Magnifiers & Enhancement-
Jump to: